GN ReSound recently shared more information about the new LiNX™ hearing aid (the world’s first “made for iPhone®” hearing aid) at the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show. Below are some highlights from the information that was shared.
Features of the LiNX™ hearing aid include:
- The LiNX™ wirelessly connects to iPhones, iPads®, and iPod® Touch devices without the use of a streamer or intermediary device
- Therefore, the audio of an iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch can be heard in both hearing aids
- The hearing aids can act as a type of headset so the user can listen to directions as they’re driving, participate in phone conversations, and listen to music in both hearing aids
- An app can be downloaded for the LiNX™ that will allow the user to:
- Find the hearing aids if they’re lost
- Use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch as a remote control for the hearing aids
- Use the device to change the settings of the hearing aids
- Use the device to program the hearing aids to switch settings in different acoustic environments
- Use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch as a microphone to stream the user’s voice directly to both hearing aids
- The LiNX™ is the smallest RIE (receiver-in-ear) device powered by a size 312 battery GN ReSound has ever produced
Apple, iPod, iOS7, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc.
Image provided courtesy of nokhoog-buchachon of freedigitalphotos.net