Sometimes it’s difficult to know what to buy for someone with hearing loss. Those who wear hearing aids can also find it challenging to inform loved ones of gift ideas that would be beneficial and compatible with their hearing instruments. Here are some simple gift ideas we believe you’ll find helpful:
- Premium Hearing Aid Batteries
- Premium batteries last longer than drug store hearing aid batteries. A thoughtful stocking stuffer for around $5.
- Gift Certificate for Custom Ear Molds
- Custom ear molds are used for sound protection, sleep improvement, swimming, motorcycle communication, and music listening. (Custom ear molds are exponentially more comfortable than ear buds!)
- Don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like more information about custom ear molds.
- Amplified telephones for people who struggle to hear on the phone but aren’t ready to wear hearing aids.
- The CapTel Phone provides captioning for phone conversations.
- Bluetooth accessories that stream the audio of a television, cell phone, and handheld music device directly to both hearing aids. (see below)
The Hearing Aid Pillow
- Do you know anybody who needs to wear their hearing aids while they sleep? The Hearing Aid Pillow features a “trench” that positions the ear so you can rest comfortably and still receive sound without feedback.
If you need help finding or asking for the right gift for your loved one with hearing loss, please don’t hesitate to call our office
and speak with one of our clinical audiologists.